Re: [Linux] Archivos Borrados.

Hola a todos ¡¡

A continuacion del cito una parte de "The Linux Tips HOWTO", Paul
Anderson, paul en geeky1 ebtech net (v3.6, June 1998).

Y Recuerda que la mejor, eficiente, facil, rapida, bonita, etc forma de
recuperar un archivo es sacandolo de una copia de Seguridad =)

Suerte =)

Pues ahi les va (sin albur =) ):

  3.2.  Desperate Undelete. Michael Hamilton,  michael en actrix gen nz

  Here's a trick I've had to use a few times.

  Desperate person's text file undelete.

  If you accidentally remove a text file, for example, some email, or
  the results of a late night programming session, all may not be lost.
  If the file ever made it to disk, ie it was around for more than 30
  seconds, its contents may still be in the disk partition.

  You can use the grep command to search the raw disk partition for the
  contents of file.

  For example, recently, I accidentally deleted a piece of email.  So I
  immediately ceased any activity that could modify that partition: in
  this case I just refrained from saving any files or doing any compiles
  etc.  On other occasions, I've actually gone to the trouble of bring
  the system down to single user mode, and unmounted the filesystem.

  I then used the egrep command on the disk partition:  in my case the
  email message was in /usr/local/home/michael/, so from the output from
  df, I could see this was in /dev/hdb5

     sputnik3:~ % df
     Filesystem         1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
     /dev/hda3              18621    9759     7901     55%   /
     /dev/hdb3             308852  258443    34458     88%   /usr
     /dev/hdb5             466896  407062    35720     92%   /usr/local

     sputnik3:~ % su
     Password:
     [michael@sputnik3 michael]# egrep -50 'ftp.+COL' /dev/hdb5 > /tmp/x

  Now I'm ultra careful when fooling around with disk partitions, so I
  paused to make sure I understood the command syntax BEFORE pressing
  return.  In this case the email contained the word 'ftp' followed by
  some text followed by the word 'COL'.  The message was about 20 lines
  long, so I used -50 to get all the lines around the phrase.  In the
  past I've used -3000 to make sure I got all the lines of some source
  code.  I directed the output from the egrep to a different disk parti-
  tion - this prevented it from over writing the message I was looking
  for.

  I then used strings to help me inspect the output

          strings /tmp/x | less

  Sure enough the email was in there.

  This method can't be relied on, all, or some, of the disk space may
  have already been re-used.

  This trick is probably only useful on single user systems.  On multi-
  users systems with high disk activity, the space you free'ed up may
  have already been reused.  And most of use can't just rip the box out
  from under our users when ever we need to recover a file.

  On my home system this trick has come in handy on about three
  occasions in the past few years - usually when I accidentally trash
  some of the days work.  If what I'm working survives to a point where
  I feel I made significant progress, it get's backed up onto floppy, so
  I haven't needed this trick very often.