Re: el cdrom no ejecuta

Bueno yo conseguí este archivo en metlink de oracle y
me resolvió todos mis problemas, espero les sirva.

Bookmark
                                             Fixed
font

                      Go to End

 Doc ID:
      Note:98184.1
 Subject:
      User Friendly Install Guide For Oracle8i
8.1.5.0.0 on Linux
 Type:
      BULLETIN

Content Type:

       TEXT/PLAIN

Creation Date:

       03-FEB-2000
                                                 Last
Revision Date:

       05-JUL-2000

Language:

       USAENG

 User-Friendly Install Of Oracle8i on Redhat Linux 6.1

 If you have never tried to install Oracle8i on Linux
then start here! Oracle8i
 release 8.1.5.0.0 is the first release of Oracle8i on
Linux and as such there
 are MANY pitfalls in the installation. These pitfalls
are for the most part
 documented in various notes and FAQ articles. This
article brings them together
 so that customers can go through the installation
smoothly at the first attempt.
 Please note this article describes the installation
on Redhat Linux 6.1.

 This article is broken down into 6 sections:

    A) Downloads (before you even think about it)
    B) Tasks to perform as the root user
    C) Tasks to perform as the new Oracle account
    D) Installing the Oracle8i Software
    E) Post Installation Tasks
    F) Creating A Database

 A) Downloads (before you even think about it)

 This release of Oracle8i requires additional software
that does not ship as
 native in Redhat Linux. You need to download this
from the Internet.

 Download the following - use the EXACT versions i.e.
not newer/older versions

 JRE version 1.1.6v5 (Java Runtime Environment) -
please DO NOT get the JDK
 instead. This can be downloaded from

    http://www.blackdown.org/

 Select your local mirror site. The file you want can
be located in the mirror
 structure as

/JDK-1.1.6/i386/glibc/v5/jre_1.1.6-v5-glibc-x86.tar.gz

 If you want to use the Oracle Intelligent Agent
(required for using Oracle
 Enterprise Manager) you also need to download TCL
7.5. This can be obtained
 from:

    ftp://www.scriptics.com/

 The file you want can be located in the structure as:

    /pub/tcl/tcl7_5/tcl7.5.tar.Z

 You should then follow the steps from [NOTE:97135.1]
AFTER installing Oracle 8i.

 You will also need to download the Oracle8i for Linux
8.1.5.0.2 patchset. This
 can be downloaded from the Oracle Technology Network
(assuming you have created
 an account) at:

http://technet.oracle.com/support/tech/linux/support_index.htm

 Alternatively, raise a TAR (or iTAR via
http://metalink.oracle.com)
 with Oracle Support Services to request this patch.

 B) Tasks to perform as the root user
 ====================================

 Now you have downloaded the software, it needs to be
setup. Install JRE 1.1.6v5
 into a directory of you choice. A good option is:

    /usr/local/jre116_v5

 Create symbolic link for /usr/local/jre to
/usr/local/jre116_v5 :

    % ln -s /usr/local/jre116_v5 /usr/local/jre

 The Installer also requires that gmake is available
as a command. This may well
 be set on your system. To check:

    % cd /usr/bin
    % ls -l gmake

 If this does not exist, create the symbolic link to
make:

    % ls -s /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake

 Lastly, check to make sure you have enough disk space
and memory. As a rule of
 thumb, you need about 800 Mb of disk space and 256 Mb
of memory. Verify these
 as follows:

    % df -k
    % cat /proc/meminfo

 Did you previously fail to install this Product? If
the answer is yes, there is
 some cleaning up to do. If not, go to step (2).

 (1) Cleanup the environment:

 A failed installation leaves some files around that
could mess up this fresh
 attempt, so we have to delete them. In addition to
deleting the main code tree,
 also do the following (note not all these
files/directories may exist):

    % cd /etc
    % rm oraInst.loc
    % mv oratab oratab.old
    % cd /tmp
    % rm -r orainstall
    % cd /usr/bin
    % rm dbhome oraenv coraenv
    % cd /usr/local/bin
    % rm dbhome oraenv coraenv

 (2) Set up the new code tree:

 You MUST install this product into a new ORACLE_HOME.
Create the mount points
 for the database/code tree. This installation assumes
an OFA (Optimal Flexible
 Architecture) structure - see Appendix A of the
Admininstrators Reference for
 Intel-Linux for further details.

    % cd /usr/local/oracle/8i
    % mkdir u01
    % mkdir u01
    % mkdir u02
    % mkdir u03

 Now create the new group to own the software. In
Oracle8i it is recommended you
 create a create called oinstall to own the software.
In addition you should
 create a dba group to administer the software.

    % groupadd oinstall
    % groupadd dba

 Now create the Oracle account. This should have a
default group of oinstall and
 also be a member of dba.

    % useradd -g oinstall -G dba oracle8i

 Now change the ownership of the database mount points
to the new oracle account.

    % chown oracle8i.oinstall *

 Now set the password for the Oracle account.

    % passwd oracle8i

 Lastly, mount the Oracle8i cdrom for use in the
install. Put the cd in the drive
 and issue:

    % mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

 C) Tasks to perform as the new Oracle account

 Now log onto the Linux node as the oracle8i account.
It is recommended you log
 on to GUI local console as this software can only be
installed in GUI mode
 (alternatively you could set the display back to
another X server).

 Set up the protection mask for installing the
software.

    $ umask 022

 Check which shell you are using in order to establish
where to set up the
 environment variables.

    $ echo $SHELL

 If you are using a /bin/bash shell then edit
.bash_profile. If not then edit the
 appropriate profile or login script for your shell.

    $ vi ~/.bash_profile

 You need to set up ALL the following environment
variables. Please modify the
 values of ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE and NLS_LANG to
reflect your file system
 and language/territory respectively. Note the need
for Java settings.

    #
    # Oracle Stuff Goes Here
    #

ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/oracle/8i/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5
    ORACLE_BASE=/usr/local/oracle/8i/u01/app/oracle
    export ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_BASE
    NLS_LANG='english_united kingdom.we8iso8859p1'
    ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
    ORACLE_TERM=vt100
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
    PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
    export NLS_LANG ORA_NLS33 PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    #
    # Java Stuff Goes Here
    #
    export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jre
    export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

 Once you have edited this file you need to execute it
to set up the environment
 for the Installer.

    $ . ~/.bash_profile

 Now verify that the variables have been set and are
valid

    $ env

 D) Installing the Oracle8i Software
 ===================================

 Now that the environment is set, you can now begin
the installation. Due to
 [BUG:1117931] the runInstaller command does not work
on Redhat Linux. You must
 therefore start the Installer as follows:

    $ cd /mnt/cdrom/install/linux
    $ ./runIns.sh

 If the Installer does not start, please review all
previous steps. The most
 likely cause for failure is that a previous failed
install has not been cleaned
 up or the environment variables are missing or
incorrect.

 Once into the Oracle Universal Installer, most pages
are self-explanatory.

 Please make sure you make the following selections.
These are listed in the
 order the Installer will present them to you:

 1) Select oinstall as the group to own the Oracle
software. After entering this
    you will be prompted to run the
/tmp/orainstall/oraInstall.sh as root. Please
    make sure you run this as root before proceeding.

       % cd /tmp/orainstall
       % ./oraInstall.sh

 2) When you reach the "Installation Types" window,
you must select Custom. The
    other two options will not work.

 3) When you reach the "Available Product Components"
window, you can select
    everything you need. If you select the Intermedia
option, you must peform
    a custom database creation when creating the
database in Section F.
   (see [NOTE:97129.1], [BUG:1140083] and the release
notes for details).

 4) When prompted for "Oracle Protocol Support", the
list is blank. This is
    normal. Only TCP/IP networking protocol support is
availble in this version.

 5) You will be prompted to run the
$ORACLE_HOME/root.sh as root. This file does
    not have execute permission [BUG:1066947]. The
workaround is to run the
    script as follows:

       % sh root.sh

 6) You will asked whether you wish to create a
database as part of the
    installation. Regardless of your answer, the
installer will start the
    Database Configuration Assistant (dbassist) and
attempt to create a database
    at the end of the install.

 7) When dbassist runs at the end of the install, the
following error is
    displayed:

    "JNLS Exception: oracle.ntp.jnls.JNLSException
Unable to find any
    National Character Sets. Please check your Oracle
installation."

    This is a known problem [BUG:884001]. Ignore the
warning.

 8) When database assistant starts, select cancel to
exit. You should not attempt
    to create a database before applying the 8.1.5.0.2
patch set.

 9) When you exit the database assistant, you will go
back into the Oracle
    Universal Installer to complete the installation.
Exit the Installer at this
    point.

 Now you are out of the Installer, there are some
additional tasks to perform.

 The file permissions on lsnrctl and several other
executables will be incorrect
 (despite the fact you ran $ORACLE_HOME/root.sh at the
appropriate time). To fix
 this do the following (Please note, do not run this
script at any other time):

    $ cd $ORACLE_HOME/install/utl
    $ ./linux.sh

 This will recompile and fix the permissions problems.
You can easily check if
 this is successful by runnning an executable such as
LSNRCTL

    $ lsnrctl

 If this is successful, proceed to step 9).

 9)  Now you need to apply the 8.1.5.0.2 patch set.
Extract the file you
     downloaded into a suitable directory.

        $ tar xvfz linux_815patches.tgz
        $ cd linux_815patches
        $ ./linux_815patches.sh

     This will apply the patches. Check the log files
in /tmp for any errors.

 The code is now installed!

 E) Post Installation Tasks
 ==========================

 You may now want to set the environment variable
ORACLE_SID in your
 .bash_profile or other login/profile script. Add the
entry, run the profile and
 check the variable is defined.

    $ vi ~/.bash_profile

 Add the following:

    ORACLE_SID=v8i815
    export ORACLE_SID

 Now run the file:

    $ . ~/.bash_profile

 Lastly check the environment:

    $ echo $ORACLE_SID

 If you are going to use the Oracle Intelligent Agent,
please now follow the
 steps in [NOTE:97135.1].

 F) Creating A Database
 ======================

 You can now create a database. To do this, start the
Database Configuration
 Assistant:

    $ dbassist &

 The following should be observed:

 1) When prompted for "Select the type of database to
create", select custom
    if you require the Intermedia option.

 2) If select a typical installation, do not choose
the option to create database
    files from CD. This option is not avaiable. While
more time consuming, you
    must create the files yourself.

 3) In a custom install, when you reach the screen
"Review the following database
    information...", fill out the details as
requested. Notice there is no
    Initialization Filename. Hit next and then back.
The file will now appear.
    This is [BUG:931039]. Failure to do this can
result in the initialization
    file not being created.

 4) When the database is created, several errors are
observed when building
    Intermedia (regardless of whether you selected it
or not) - it appears
    several files are missing such as ordanots.sql
etc. Just hit ignore for each
    file it cannot find. This is [BUG:1140083]. If you
hoped to use Intermedia
    and get these errors, you must have not installed
the code correctly in
    section D.

 Your database should now be created!

--- Jorge Cardoso <jcardoso en tecnet com uy> escribió: >

> En realidad es el usuario oracle quien debe realizar
> la instalacion y no root.
> Fijate si al montar el cdrom tienes la opcion "user"
> en el /etc/fstab
> Si es asi prueba de no usarla
>
> En mi fstab tengo esto:
>
> /dev/hdc        /cdrom       iso9660
> ro,uid=1002,gid=102,mode=0666,showexec,noauto,norock
>
> Donde usuario 1002=oracle y grupo 102=dba
>
> Ah me olvidaba, cuando llegues a ejecutar el
> dbassist, por favor acuerdate
> de comentarnos en la lista como te va.
>
> Yo aun no he podido configurar la base con dbassist.
> Me da un error de Java en una libreria de Xfree que
> he reportado a la lista pero
> aun sigo sin solucion.
>
> La unica forma fue en modo "silent" corriendo un
> script, con un archivo de
> respuestas desde linea de comando.
>
> Suerte !!!
>

> On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Ing. Manasés García Galván
> wrote:
> > Hola que tal, tengo un problema medio raro, tengo
> un caldere 2.3 server y
> > quiero instalar Oracle 8i 8.1.5.0.2, pero cuando
> configuro todo y quireo
> > correr el runInstaler me dice que no tengo
> permiso, los pasos los estoy
> > haciendo como dicen todos los manuales que he
> bajado, pero unque me loguee
> > como root dice que el permiso es denegado.
> >
> > Si me pueden ayudar se los agradezco
> >

> > Atte
> > Manases Garcia
> > manasesgg en hotmail com
> > manasesgg en terra com

> http://www.hotmail.com.
> >
> > Share information about yourself, create your own
> public profile at
> > http://profiles.msn.com.

> majordomo en linux org mx

majordomo en linux org mx

=====
Saludos, Luis Romero Carrillo.

Integración Tecnológica Vertical.
Av. de las Naciones No 1, Piso 18 Oficina 25.
World Trade Center México.
tel: 54-88-07-50 al 53.
Fax: 54-88-07-13.